Sheet Metal Worker -Aerospace
Contract Type: Permanent / Full Time
Hours: 37.5 hours per Week
Hourly Rate: £10 to £15ph depending on experience + Bonus about £30-£60ph & overtime (Time & 1.5)
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week between the following times; Mon to Thurs = 7.15 to 16.00, Fri = 7.15 to 12.00.
·Holidays: 26 days holiday pay + statutory days
·Bonus: Between £15 to £50 per week depending on company performance (eligible after probationary period)
·Overtime: Time 1.33 x hourly rate for first 4 hours, 1.5 x hourly rate for any overtime worked after the first 4 hours.
Our client, an Aerospace Engineering company, is currently recruiting for an experienced Sheet Metal Worker to development & manufacture of make-to-print aerospace sheet metal parts from various materials ranging for thickness in thickness from 0.5 mm up to 3 mm.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
•Read & interpret engineering drawings
•working within a 4 man team or using own initiative
•Set-up and operation of Amada Press-brakes (HFE100-3 & HF50/12).
•Set-up and operation of manual Pierce-All punching machine
•General hand fitting bench work, working with jigs & fixtures
The ideal person will have;
· Time served Sheet Metal Worker (City Guilds Level 2, ONC or NVQ Level 3) with Minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar role
· Experience of setting and operating an Amada Press brake or similar bending machine tool.
· A working knowledge of sheet metal manufacturing techniques, including product development for parts with fine tolerances +/- 0.25 mm average
· Ability to read and interpret Engineering drawings.
· Ability to calculate developed blank sizes from assembly or detail part drawings.
· Ability to check own work prior to independent inspection
· Ability to re-set parts after heat-treatment etc.