Mobile Generator Engineer
Monday – Friday – Days
Bristol & South West
- Company Van
- 3% Pension
- Private medical scheme and life assurance scheme.
DBS CHECK REQUIRED TO BE SUCCESSFUL WITH THIS ROLE
Job Purpose: Supporting the Rental team in the preparation, testing and repair of large generator sets. Workshop & mobile based work required.
KEY TASKS & MAIN DUTIES
- Responsible for service, maintenance and overall upkeep and appearance of large containerised generators (500 KVA and above) for Rental fleet. Ensuring manufacturers recommended service schedules are followed.
- Responsible for the completion and filing of all service/ Repair paper work as per Power Electrics systems.
- Work within a small team.
- Provide general assistance in the yard, including loading and offloading equipment.
- Drive fork lift in yard as required.
- Deliver & collect generators and ancillary equipment using appropriate company vehicles where required, including refuelling.
- Carry out servicing and repairs to Power Electrics and customers’ equipment off site as and when required.
- As part of your required duties you will be expected to go on our call out rota.
- Comply with the Company Health & Safety Policy, including carrying out general housekeeping to ensure work areas are tidy.
- Comply with all aspects of the company ISO 9001:2008, ISO 14001: 2004 and OHSAS 18001: 2007 procedures, proactively contributing to the company’s continuous improvement programme.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Possess a relevant qualification in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering/Diesel Fitting/ Plant i.e. City & Guilds, BTEC or equivalent. OR to have previous experience and knowledge of generators or large diesel engines. ESSENTIAL
- Experience of supervising/organising a small team
- Full Driving Licence Essential (with towing categories preferred)
- Fork Lift Truck Licence advantageous but not essential as training can be given
- Previous experience of working in a workshop environment advantageous
- Holder of CSCS Card preferred but not essential, as training could be given.
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Have a flexible approach to work as the needs of the business dictate.