Job Title: Manual & CMM Inspector – Aerospace
Hourly Rate: £11 to £13ph + depending on experience + Bonus about £30-£60 a week & overtime (Time & 1.5)
Working Hours: 37.5 hours per week between the following times; Mon to Thurs = 7.15 to 16.00, Fri = 7.15 to 12.00.
Holidays: 26 days holiday pay + statutory days
Bonus: Between £15 to £50 per week depending on company performance (eligible after probationary period)
Overtime: Time 1.33 x hourly rate for first 4 hours, 1.5 x hourly rate for any overtime worked after the first 4 hours.
Our client, an Aerospace Engineering company, is currently recruiting for an experienced Manual & CMM Inspector to development & manufacture of make-to-print aerospace sheet metal parts from various materials ranging for thickness in thickness from 0.5 mm up to 3 mm.
MAIN DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Read & interpret engineering drawings
- Inspection of parts via use of CMM running software
- Inspection of parts using manual equipment such as micrometers, height gauges etc.
- Using own initiative to meet department targets.
- Process lead for Gauge R&R management.
- General QA activities such as goods inwards receipt inspection and raw material control.
- Non-conformance investigations and reporting
- The ideal person will have;
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role
- Experience of working to AS9100/ISO 9001:2008 QMS procedures.
- A comprehensive knowledge of engineering processes (precision machining, sheet metalwork, presswork, fabrication & welding) from inspection perspective.
- Experience with completion of production verification activities F.A.I.R (not essential)
- Good communication skills, with the ability to work well as part of a team and on own initiative.
- Use of Microsoft office software.