Our client are a Microsoft Partner providing Network Solutions since 1990 including the installation and support of Hardware, Operating Systems, Key Applications, Communications and Cabling.
They have an excellent opportunity for a 2nd Line Help Desk Support Engineer to join their well-established organisation going through continued growth and expansion.
Based in our Yate HQ, the successful applicant will join a highly skilled Remote Support Team and provide a high level of telephone and remote assistance to customers and field engineers. This help desk team play a vital role in the businesses support operation, they ensure customers receive responses and resolutions well within the contracted SLA’s.
Responsibilities will include:
Trouble shoot issues and requests while ensuring we meet the relevant SLA
Ensure procedures are followed and all work is correctly recorded / documented
Proactively monitor support trends and offer suggestions for improvement
Perform checks to ensure all critical systems are operating to necessary standards
Where appropriate; escalate calls internally, liaise with manufacturers or pass to 3rd parties
The role will suit someone who:
- Is proactive, flexible and forward thinking; actively seeking new opportunities and ways to meet and exceed customer expectations
- Generates solutions which are effective, efficient and practical
- Has excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Has excellent organisational skills, able to manage their own time efficiently and to co-ordinate activities to deliver work on time
- Is reliable and self-motivated
Essential Experience for the role
- Microsoft Server 2008, 2012, 2016 and Windows 7 / 8 / 10
- Router / firewall configuration
- Active Directory, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPN, IPsec tunnels
- Mobile OS and devices
- Virus / Malware scanning and removal
- Excellent telephone manner and written communications
- Remote support tools i.e. RDP and Team viewer
- Microsoft Office and Office 365
- Mac OSX and Apple devices
Standard support hours are Monday to Friday 9.00am – 5.30pm.
However, the remote support team join an early start / late finish rota and will be expected to provide cover between 8.00am – 6pm
- Salary £25,000 - £29,000 per annum