Client and Candidate Complaints Procedure
Our complaints policy
We are committed to providing a high-quality recruitment service to all our business clients and candidates alike. When something goes wrong we need you to tell us about it. This will help us to improve our standards.
Our complaints procedure
If you have a complaint about our service or our bill/fees, please contact our Complaints Manager, Guy Barnett, with the details. You can do this by:
• Writing to him at Cornwall Buildings, Newhall Street, Birmingham, West Midlands, B3 3QR,
• Calling him on 0117 332 61111, or
• Email email@example.com
What will happen next?
1. Your complaint will be registered as a new record in the central register by the Complaints Manager within 1 day.
2. We will send you a letter acknowledging your complaint within 5 days. If appropriate, we may ask you to confirm or explain the details of your complaint or request further information. We will also let you know the name of the person investigating your complaint.
3. The investigating officer will review the complaint. This will normally involve the following steps:
3.1 They may pass your complaint to the member of staff who acted for you (and/or their immediate supervisor, if appropriate) and instruct them to reply to your complaint within seven days.
3.2 The Complaints Manager will examine the investigating officer’s reply and the information in your complaint file. If necessary they will ask them for further information. This may take a further 3 days.
4. Within 4 days of completing their investigation you will be sent a detailed reply to your complaint. This will include suggestions for resolving the matter.
5. If you are not satisfied with the response you should contact us again. Within 10 days we will carry out a review of our decision by asking another senior member of the business to appraise your complaint and our response.
6. Within 5 days of the review we will write to you confirming our final position including an explanation of the reasons for our decision. We will also give you the name and address of the Employment Agencies Standards Office at the Department of Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (formerly the DTI) or the Recruitment Employment Confederation (REC). If you are still not satisfied, you can contact them about your complaint (see below).
7. If we need to change any of the timescales above, we will let you know and explain why. In any event the process will not take longer than eight weeks.
If you are not satisfied with our response, you can contact either
(a) the Employment Agencies Standards Office at the Department of Business, Enterprise and Regulatory Reform (formerly the DTI) by writing to them at Professional Standards Manager, REC, 15 Welbeck Street, London, W1G 9XT.
(b) or the REC, the industry trade association, of which we are a member by writing to them at Dorset House, First Floor,27-45 Stamford Street,LondonSE1 9NT or go to the link: https://www.rec.uk.com/membership/compliance/complaints/how-to-complain-about-an-rec-member
- Banking, Finance & Insurance
- Creative, Design & Architecture
- Charity & Not For Profit
- Engineering, Aerospace & Automotive
- Hospitality, Tourism & Travel
- Industrial & Manufacturing
- IT & Telecoms
- Management & Recruitment
- Marketing & Advertising
- Medical & Health
- Office & Secretarial
- Public Services
- Sales & Retail