What are your options?
You can apply for any of the following.
- Ad hoc temporary work, full or part time hours (including evenings and weekends) Flexible hours to fit around family commitments, studying, or simply choosing to work in between other commitments
- Ongoing temporary work, full or part time hours (including evenings and weekends) when you need regular income, in between term time, or while looking for permanent work when the recruitment process can take several months to find that perfect job
- Permanent employment, you may be in work but looking for a new exciting challenge
How can you register with Alfred for work?
- We recommend emailing your CV in a word document, this allows your details to be uploaded straight into our database and ensures you will be matched against all new vacancies. Please note, this does not mean you are registered, we never offer work to anyone we have not personally met.
- We always try to reply to emails within 2 working days but during really busy times this may not always be possible. When we have read your CV we will contact you to arrange coming into the office to complete your registration. This is your opportunity to discuss the type of work you are looking for.
- If you have not heard from Alfred within 2 days please call to confirm we have received your CV and discuss when to come into the office.
- We register between 9.30 – 12pm and 2.30- 4pm Monday to Friday but our office is open 8.30am until 6pm.
What Documentation is Required to Register for Work with Alfred?
Please remember to bring all your original documents to register for work, we regret we are unable to offer you work until you have provided all of the following information
- Proof of Identification (ID) i.e. Full Birth Certificate, Passport or European Identity Card
- Proof of Address i.e Utility Bill, Tenancy Agreement, Bank Statement
- Proof of National Insurance number (NI) Letter form the Tax Office, NI Card, P45 or Pay Slip
- Bank Details i.e. Sort Code, Account Number and name as it appears on your account. (Please note that with some Building Societies your first payment may be a day later arriving into your account. Please note that you will need a Bank Account in your own name
- Names and work email addresses of two people we can contact for a reference. We prefer work references or a minimum of one employer reference and one character reference (not from a family member). If you are looking for your first employment after leaving school, college or University, then please provide an educational reference and one character reference
If you are a Non UK or EEC National please refer to the following link for advice on how to prove your eligibility to work in the UK.
OUR SERVICE TO YOU
Our aim is to find you work which matches your skills, experience and expectations from the information discussed during your registration. We will keep you informed every step of the way from ‘Beginning to End’. We also aim to provide a relaxed and friendly environment in which to welcome you to Alfred. We are committed to ensuring you receive the correct amount of pay, on time, providing you have supplied an accurately completed timesheet before the payroll deadline.
Timesheets can be downloaded from our website under the Downloads section on this website or you may request one by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Temp of the Month is our way of recognising those of you who go the extra mile to provide good service to our clients. You are an ambassador of Alfred and to demonstrate how much we value everything you do for us we will be selecting someone each month to receive an award. Selection will be based on feedback from our clients.
Absences from Work must be given in advance wherever possible.
- Sickness Calls – you may have been given instructions by the client on sickness reporting. You must take responsibility for complying with their requests but also notifying Alfred. You will be able to contact Alfred 24 hours a day 7 days a week to leave messages if the office is closed
- Lateness – punctuality is very important and we would ask that in the event of anything preventing you being on time for work that you inform us so that we can update our client
- Appointments – if you need to attend a medical/dental appointment you need to give at least 48 hours’ notice where possible. This allows sufficient time to inform the client and arrange alternative cover if necessary.
- Leaving a Temporary Assignment – if you intend to leave your assignment due to finding permanent work then we understand that you may wish to take up that position as soon as possible and would kindly ask that you give us some notice to find a suitable replacement. However, if you wish to leave an assignment because you are not enjoying the type of work or environment then please talk to us as soon as possible so we can manage you leaving without creating a negative impression of you or Alfred. Remember you may want to apply to the same company for a different role in the future or ask for a reference!
We supply all kinds of Personnel, including
- Accounting & Finance
- Contact Centre
- IT Technical / Help Desk
- Office Support
- Pensions Administration
- Quality Auditors (Lean Manufacturing)
- Team Leaders
Please ensure you provide all your work experience when sending your details